1. Job Position title: Hybrid nanoparticles for enhanced magnetic resonance and PET imaging.
2. PROYECTO: Inexpensive MRI-PET-Acoustic hybrid system for Cancer Theranostics (PROMETEO 2022).
3. Period: 1/12/2022-31/12/2025 (starting date is subjected to complete administrative stages).
4. Specific aims:
Develop a nanoplatform for the integrated approach to muscle infiltrating bladder cancer (MIBC) treatment and side effects-free chemotherapy, with the following characteristics:
a. Nanoparticles based in covalent organic frameworks (COFs).
b. Nanoparticles loaded with a combination of antitumor drugs for MIBC therapy.
c. Nanoparticles labeled with a radiotracer for PET imaging and/or a magnetic center for MRI study of MIBC extension and evolution.
5. Research Group: Nanomedicine-ITQ is a multidisciplinary group in the ITQ. The general objective of the group is to develop novel therapeutic and diagnostic platforms based in nanomaterials and molecular recognition systems. The group’s field of action involves: (1) Activities related to the development of nanomedicines with molecular recognition capabilities for the delivery and selective controlled release of therapeutic agents over pathology affected cells or tissues, in order to achieve efficient treatment with minimum side effects; (2) Activities related to the study of interactions between pharmacological platforms and biological systems, as well as the study of cell internalization mechanisms; and (3) Activities related to the development of imaging and diagnostic nanosystems for the early detection of diseases, both in vitro and in vivo.
1. MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Pharmacy.
2. BS grade of 7 out of 10 or higher.
3. Demonstrable level of English (B1 or higher).
1. Title: CIENTIFICO TITULAR DEL CSIC
2. Full name: PABLO BOTELLA ASUNCION
3. Email: email@example.com
4. Research Group/ Website (Url): Nanomedicine-ITQ/ https://itq.upv-csic.es/